Firefighter Training Classes
About Our Classes
Traditions Training offers training programs on a variety of operational firefighting issues. Both classroom and hands-on programs are available. Programs vary in length from 3-hours to multiple days depending on the depth and level of content that is to be covered. We work with the hosting department to customize the material and skills to suit their specific needs and goals. Some topics that are available include:
- Combat Ready Firefighting
- 25 to Survive: The Residential Building Fire
- Recognition & Attack of Basement Fires
- Effective Use of Tower Ladders in Tactical Operations
- Engine Company Operations
- Truck Company Operations
- Initial Rapid Intervention Training
- Advanced Level Rapid Intervention
- Firefighter Survival
- Company Officer Development
- Strategy & Tactics
The goal of Traditions Training is to provide the most interactive and realistic training experience possible. Our classes are highly “hands-on” oriented and We maintain a low instructor-to-student ratio so that each student is guaranteed individual attention from instructors and maximum participation time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I setup a training class?
- The first step is to contact us at email@example.com. Please tell us a little about your department, your goals, and what type of program you are looking for.
- How much do classes cost?
- Class cost is driven by the length and content of the program and so is unique for each class.
- What is needed to host a class?
- Depending on the classes content we may need just a classroom, an empty lot, or a firehouse. Certain classes will require a training academy or acquired structure.
- How big are classes?
- Hands-on programs generally have 10 to 40 students in each program. This helps us maintain a close instructor/student ratio and insure maximum individual attention and participation. Most of our classroom programs have no maximum number of students.
Sample Program Types:
As mentioned above, each program is customized in both length and content to meet the individual needs of the host. To help in the planning process, here are some sample examples of program types we have done in the past:
- “Drill Night” – A 3 to 4 hour program at your firehouse, often on your typical training night. A variety of hands-on or classroom topics can fit into this block.
- Single Day program.
- Weekend program – 4 to 16hrs of classroom /practical training.
- 12-hour program – 4-hours on Friday night and 8-hours on Sunday, leaves your members their Sunday free!
- Multiple-day program – spanning multiple days to accommodate more in-depth programs or to span multiple shift days.
To learn more about some of our specific programs, please visit our class information page. Please keep in mind that all our programs are customized – if you don’t see what you are looking for please contact with your training ideas and we’ll work with you to design a program that fits your needs!